Thursday, November 22, 2007

Popcorn and Toast

As I prepare for Thanksgiving, get ready to see the old man, cousin Roni, etc. and folks everywhere prepare for the ups and downs that come with any family gathering, I want to throw out a thought. We must give up hope on a better past. It's one I heard this morning and I like it. I need to do it. The minute I heard this, I felt a 50 pound weight lift from my shoulders. It was such a relief.

My other thought is that while it's easy to get real bitter this time of year, particularly around holidays and family, just try to keep it real simple and be grateful for what you have and try to focus on what you can bring rather than what you can take.

I know, pretty sappy stuff from the Rambler but what the hell, it's Thanksgiving. Have a good one.

6 comments:

Gina said...

is that what you're eating over there? Popcorn and toast? And Roni keeps coming back year after year?

Gina said...

nice message. Ramb

Angelissima said...

Yes, very sober rambler! I'm glad you went in with a bit of serenity. I hope you came out unscathed.

Rambler said...

popcorn and toast is what charlie brown served peppermint patty and Marcie, et. al. in "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving."

here. said...

"We must give up hope on a better past."

i've read this post about 7 times, and i've gotta say, that's my favorite line in some time

Gina said...

'We must NEVER give up hope for a better past', Rambler. There's always tomorrow.