Sunday, November 11, 2007

Starbucks, Subway And The Two Sides Of My Mouth

I recently lamented a change in packaging in a product I buy from Starbucks and also mentioned my disappointment with Subway for changing their cheese steak sandwich.

A regular commenter called me on my hypocrisy. Here I often lament the death of old New York to condos, chains, etc. and yet I contribute to this too? Where do I get off?

All true and I almost put a note in that post saying that yes, I do go to Starbucks and occasionally Subway. I don't like that those chains have popped up everywhere. I will say this, and it's not really a defense, I primarily go to a Starbucks in the heart of midtown located in an office tower. I don't go there on weekends, I don't go to the ones in my neighborhood. I do occasionally go to one in Chelsea, but it's across the street from my Ballys gym (no Equinox or New York Sports Club for the Rambler, Bally's is the equivalent to a prison gym compared to those places.

The thing I like about Starbucks is the consistency. Not every deli has good coffee. Many leave the pot on all day and it gets burned. That said, I really do try to avoid it as much as possible.

As for Subway, I really don't go there anymore since they got rid of the cheese steak I like.

I will try to do a better job in living up to my words.

1 comment:

Angelissima said...

Angie = Smart-ass
Devils-Advocate and kibbitzer extraordinare.

Restraint of pen and tounge has always been my downfall.

Ramble On!